Speech-Language Therapy is offered to develop or advance communication skills in conjunction with other ABA services and supports. We believe that functional communication skills are a basic human right and a foundation for future learning. Our goal is to provide clients with exceptional, evidence-based speech and language services to address a wide variety of communication needs. A licensed and certified speech-language pathologist can assess the following areas to create an individualized plan in coordination with family goals to synthesize speech-language development and ABA curriculum.
- Speech – the articulation of individual sounds in words and connected phrases.
- Expressive Language – the use of spoken words or alternative methods to communicate wants and needs.
- Receptive Language – understanding and responding to the spoken words used by others.
- Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC)/Assistive Technology – using different methods to express and comprehend language when spoken language is not effective.
- Pragmatics – the use of language in social settings.
- Fluency – smoothness or flow of speech sounds in connected sentences.
Although we specialize in serving children with autism and developmental differences, our speech-language therapy team can provide speech and language services to children, adolescents, and young adults with many different needs and diagnoses.